A New Beginning...

Well now that I've introduced you all to Gobo, it's time to meet the new addition to my family: Mokey! I decided that it wasn't fair to leave Gobo home alone all day (I'd come home from work or the gym and he would cry and yell at me! I felt so awful!!!), so I started searching for a friend for him. I knew I was moving to a much bigger place, so 2 cats wouldn't be any more difficult than 1. I searched Petfinder.com pretty much everyday for a few months, but none of the kitties caught my attention. Then, one day I saw "Trudi"...
When I saw that picture of that adorable kitten, I knew right away that she was the one I wanted. I applied online to adopt her through FOLAS (Friends of Linden Animal Shelter http://www.folas.org/). When I didn't hear back after a day or two, I decided to call them up myself!! They were really sweet on the phone, and they actually said they were about to call me (I was just impatient!). In mid-June, I went to the Pet Smart in Union, NJ and met with Ginny, the woman who was fostering "Trudi." She told me that she has 7 cats...and if I hadn't come along to adopt "Trudi," she would have had 8 because "Trudi" has SUCH an amazing personality. She said that she is the most loving and affectionate kitten. I asked if it was ok to change her name to "Mokey." Ginny didn't mind at all, and she said she really liked my name choice (though she didn't know Fraggle Rock at all). So, I signed the adoption papers and took my first picture of Mokey:

How could you NOT fall in love with that face?! They guess that Mokey was born sometime in late April, but don't know the exact date. She was from a litter of 5 (4 girls and 1 boy), and they rescued her from a shelter in Perth Amboy. Nobody knows anything about her mother or father...they just had the 5 kittens in the shelter. They sent me a picture of her brother and one of her sisters in their new homes:








Mokey ended up having a terrible upper respiratory infection a week after I adopted her. I took her to a wonderful vet in Iselin (who says Mokey is her favorite patient), and they gave me some medication. After a day or two, the infection had cleared up and Mokey was back to her sweet and loving self!

I picked Mokey because she looks like my friend's cat (she has such an adorable cat!!!), who is a Turkish Van mix. I definitely think Mokey is also a Turkish Van mix. Here are some pictures of Turkish Vans, so you can decide for yourself:


0 comments: